[IPk] Pump v Pump

Very interesting to see what some of you have to say about different pumps,
the pros and cons.

I've been pumping since February and use the Accu-check Spirit.  I had no
choice in the matter this is the pump that my hospital use i.e. the company
that the hospital has a contract with.  I'm not sure if I would be able to ask
for a different pump, but I'm happy that I've got a pump, I know how difficult
it is for many people to acquire one.  I'm sure if I would ask I'd have to
fight for a different one.

I've had no problems with the Spirit, and think that the features on it are
good.  Other pumps have many more features, but do you use all of them?  At
the end of the day pumps do basically the same, administer insulin to you 24
hours.  The only problem I do get is air bubbles when filling the cartridges,
but this does not affect the delivery of my insulin.  They are in the process
of making pre-filled cartridges which will be much better.

I can't really comment and say if the Spirit is basic because I haven't really
looked into the features of other pumps.  The only thing that I think would be
of use is the IOB calculator.  To say that the Spirit is crap well thanks,
makes us Spirit users feel as if we're using second best pumps.  All that I
can say it's 100 times better than MDI and I'd rather have the Spirit than no
pump at all.

Best wishes.