Re: [IPk] Re:Animas vs Minimed Pump and other umps

Hi Karen
Thanks for the comprehensive report, but some of your comments are
incorrect and/or out of date.
For example, the Minimed pumps have NEVER given pulses only 3 times an
hour! I don't know where you get that information from! I find the
cartridges very easy to fill, and although I do occasionally have bubble
problems, it's pretty rare (maybe a few times a year) and have certainly
never had DKA as a result! ALso you can get an adapter so that you can
use Luer lock type fittings and sets, so you're not actually restricted
to only MM sets. All the sets use different adhesives etc and there are
also other solutions if you are allergic to them or the tape. And many
people find the CGMS fantastic (the earlier versions were not so
accurate, maybe that's what you're thinking of?). As for the IOB
calculator, again that's a personal thing. You might have had to change
the settings (but since you have the option to do that, what's the
problem?) but for other people it works out of the box. Don't forget
we're all different.

And with my admin hat on briefly - can we all please try to avoid pump
bashing as much as possible and try to be a bit more objective? Remember
that everyone is different, and different pumps have different features
that suit different people, and different people have different
priorities. I might not care if my pump is waterproof but I might want
the ability to have a CGMS. You might want a waterproof purple pump with
bolus wizard. Also some people get no choice in the pump they get
(though this shouldn't happen, it does), and it's not very nice to then
be told your pump is cr*p when you have no choice!
Di