Re: [IPk] Basal/bolus ratios

If anyone ever tells you there's a correct ratio for basal/bolus, ignore
them!
It depends on many different factors - how active you are, whether you
eat high or low carbs, and just how *your* body works!
I've never even heard of a 50:50 ratio before! I think most people have
more basal than bolus but obviously it depends.

To add into the mix, I find that the better controlled I am, and the
more exercise I do, the less basal I need, but my insulin/carb ratio
tends to stay the same, so I need the same amount of bolus for the same
food, but less basal.

At your clinic visit, just ask them WHY on earth you should change your
ratio if you're getting better BG results? Why would you want to fix
something that isn't broken? If it doesn't improve your BGs to do so,
then WHY would you want to have a 50:50 ratio, what would that achieve?
Can she show any documented evidence that having a ratio of 50:50 gets
any better results or improves your health in any way??? Ask your DSN
these questions (please, I'm dying to know what her response could
possibly be!!!).

It really winds me up when people make up stupid rules like this and
expect you to just go along with it!
Di