[IPk] Basal/bolus ratios

I don't want this to seem like a problem - I now seem to be getting closer
to the basals I need, however, all my boluses (boli?) have had to be cut
back. I am sitting today at lunchtime with near perfect BGs since last night
with basal at 63% and bolus at 37% on a total dose so far of 11,35 units.
I'm certainly eating a bit less because of my stomach problems, and suspect
this might not change a great deal. So, what is the point of the 50/50
ratio? As Di said once, the body can't tell the difference between basal and
bolus, it just knows that its getting insulin - but I suspect I will have
some serious interrogations to go through at my next clinic visit if things
stay more than 10% out of this supposed ideal range.

Mary Moody