From: Melissa Ford <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Saturday, 7 June, 2008 7:03:59 AM
Subject: Re: [IPk] Free Contour Meter offer

If Medtronic will license the patents from Abbott....oh look, I think
I see a pig zooming past in the air!

Just kidding. But seriously, the reason that only Abbott offers the
blood ketone testing (in the Precision Xtra system) is that they have
iron-clad intellectual property around it. The good thing about
inventing something is you get the rights to it; the downside is that
very often other companies don't want to pay to be allowed to use the
technology.

So far the ADA is good! Chatted to David Kerr for a few minutes today.
Saw Martin Press in passing but didn't stop to chat. No big news
that's relevant to the list thus far (it was just Day 1 of 5).

Reporting live from San Franicsco

Melissa
Type 1 15+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4.5 years;
in the thick of the business 5 years ;)