From: Rich Hickey <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, 6 June, 2008 9:43:05 AM
Subject: RE: [IPk] Free Contour Meter offer

A technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from Magic. A quote I
have always liked. This slowly turned into AutoMagical, don't know how, it
just kind of did. (-:

Rich

Medtronic Pumper 3 Years. 715 and now 722.
Type 1 Diabetic 10 Years.

> From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:39:12 +0100> Subject: RE: [IPk] Free Contour Meter offer>

love 'automagically'!> > Fiona> > -----Original Message-----> From:
email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of>
Rich Hickey> Sent: 06 June 2008 09:36> To: email @ redacted>
RE: [IPk] Free Contour Meter offer> > I imagine the catch is that the test
strips cost pence to the dozen to make> and they are charged at pounds to the
dozen. It's the same racket as inkjet> printers. The printers are sold at
below manufacturing cost so that the profit> can be made off of the ink.> >
Even though the strips are covered under prescription the company selling
them> gets paid by the NHS. So, giving away the meter for free is an up
front>
expense, but they make the money back, and more, off of the test strips.> >
I've used a similar device in the US since I started using the Paradigm
pump.>
There it was the BD meter with the wireless interface. It's nice to poke
your>
finger and have the pump automagically know the blood sugars. It's
definitely>
not a must have, but it is a nice convenience.> > > Rich> > > > > From:
email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Subject:> [IPk] Free
Contour Meter offer> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:29:55 +0100> >> Yesterday I
received an offer through the post (addressed to the hospital I>> attend for
my diabetes care and then my address underneath, albeit the wrong>> number
house...) offering me a free Contour Link blood glucose meter. Now, I>> am
not
used to getting anything for nothing and have always had to pay for> my>
meters. (I currently am on my third Aviva). The letter and info came from>>
Medtronic. It says this meter can link up to my pump. I am looking for the>>
catch in this..can't see an obvious one. Has anyone else had this offered
to>>
them? If so, is there a catch? I can only think that maybe the strips
aren't>>
available on prescription or are hard to get. Haven't checked that out.>>
Interested to hear of your experiences with this meter and if this offer is>>
as good as it sounds.> Regards> Helen> Type 1 for 33yrs> (Paradigm) pump 4>
years> Gatroparesis just diagnosed..struggling!> .>>

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally>
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.> > If you have received
this message in error or there are any problems please> notify the originator
immediately.> > If you are not the intended recipient you should not use,
disclose,> distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.> > All
communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject > to
recording
and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.> >