[IPk] Free Contour Meter offer

Hi
Yesterday I received an offer through the post (addressed to the hospital I
attend for my diabetes care and then my address underneath, albeit the wrong
number house...) offering me a free Contour Link blood glucose meter. Now, I
am not used to getting anything for nothing and have always had to pay for
my meters. (I currently am on my third Aviva). The letter and info came from
Medtronic. It says this meter can link up to my pump. I am looking for the
catch in this..can't see an obvious one. Has anyone else had this offered to
them? If so, is there a catch? I can only think that maybe the strips aren't
available on prescription or are hard to get. Haven't checked that out.
Interested to hear of your experiences with this meter and if this offer is
as good as it sounds.
Regards
Helen
Type 1 for 33yrs
(Paradigm) pump 4 years
Gatroparesis just diagnosed..struggling!