RE: [IPk] Wireless meter link to pump

I have two of them, actually, but they don't work with UK style test strips.
Both my pump, Minimed 722, and my meter Onetouch ultralink are from the US and
they communicate wirelessly. In fact, since I still have a US address Minimed
sent me a new one for free. It's still in it's original box in my cupboard, I
received it about 3 weeks ago. However, since I can't get the correct test
strips here I use a throw away freedom lite meter.

I've had a wireless connection from my meter to my pump for almost 2 years now
in the US. Why it hasn't been ported over to the UK I have no idea. It's a
nice convenience that I've missed since moving here.

Rich

Some links.
http://www.minimed.com/products/insulinpumps/components/onetouchultralink/

> From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:41:34 +0100> Subject: [IPk] Wireless meter link to pump> >
anyone clarify for me - I heard from a colleague (who heard it from a> Sales
rep at a pump workshop 2 days ago) that there is a BG meter that will> send a
wireless transmission of BG readings from the meter to the Medtronic> Paradigm
pumps. The rep said that letters would be sent out to Paradigm users> soon. I
searched on the net and found that the Lifescan UltraLink BG meter> does this
and is being supplied free to all US users of Medtronic Paradigm> pumps! So I
phoned Medtronic UK with glee thinking I might get one too (I> currently use
the Lifescan UltraSmart which uses the same test strips).> Medtronic told me
that in the UK there is some sort of deal with Bayer's> Contour Link machine
(similar wireless function), not Lifescan's. I phoned> Lifescan to check and
got the same message and was told you couldn't obtain> the UltraLink machine
over here. Medtronic told me that some of their> customers had been written to
about the Contour Link meter but it seems I> wasn't one of the chosen!> Does
anyone have any up to date information or experience of this situation? I>
would prefer to get the Lifescan Ultralink as I already use the correct>
strips, machine but the ContourLink would be good as an alternative. On>
Bayer's website they do not mention the 'Contour Link', only the 'Contour'.>
How could I get hold of a ContourLink??> Any comments would be useful -
thanks.> > > Fiona Hunt> Type 1; Dx Nov 1993, pumping Paradigm 522 since Mar
2007; previously MDI> novorapid/levemir> > >
The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally>
privileged and is intended for the addressee only.> > If you have received
this message in error or there are any problems please> notify the originator
immediately.> > If you are not the intended recipient you should not use,
disclose,> distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.> > All
communication sent to or from Midlothian Council may be subject> to recording
and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.> >