Re: [IPk] iron transfusion

> Hi Deb

I have been having these done every six months for the last few years due
to renal anaemia from my chronic kidney failure. Like Jackie said, they
give you a test dose and then the full amount over a period of about two
hours. My letter always says it takes 3-4 hours but it never takes that
long. They said it used to but they can give it quicker now. At Newcastle
Freeman Hospital, where I go, there are usually about six people all
having the same thing done and you can have someone sit with you if you
want although I never have (Billy No-mates!) The only thing they ask is
how much you weigh so they can work out the mount to give you.

Best wishes
Gillian

Hi all