RE: [IPk] iron transfusion

Hi Deb

My friend and neighbour has had this done about 3 times last year and has not
had to have it done this year, she has some sort of gastric condition like
Crohn's disease which is one of the inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). with has
made it difficult to absorb iron from her diet.   She just had to go to the
hospital and sit reading while the infusion was given.  She was there for a
couple of hours.  The first time she was give a small test dose and monitored
for reactions for about 45 mins and then given the rest of the dose.  The other
times were quicker.

Have you been tested for coeliac?  Sorry if I have asked this before.

I dont know if this is they type of therapy you will be given or not this link
may or may not be of any use.

http://www.dvh.nhs.uk/downloads/documents/0SQMZXDS9D_Parenteral_Iron_Therapy.pdf
Jackie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080604-1, 04/06/2008
Tested on: 04/06/2008 22:18:42