[IPk] free trial of Axon's remote diabetes monitoring service
- To: email @ redacted
- Subject: [IPk] free trial of Axon's remote diabetes monitoring service
- From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:42:56 +0100
- Reply-To: email @ redacted
- User-Agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Windows/20071210)
We have been approached by Axon regarding an offer of a one year free
trial of their management system. John and Lesley from INPUT have both
seen this system and it does seem to have some benefits over similar
company schemes, the main one being email contact to the nurses at the
Royal Bournemouth Hospital for advice. Details are below. Since we
cannot post here attachments, I suggest you contact Axon directly for
more information and/or an application form.
You can contact them on 0845 408 0538 or at email @ redacted
One Years Free Subscription to Axons Remote Diabetes Monitoring Service
Axons PC-based monitoring service is designed to help identify trends
and improve self-management of those with diabetes.
The software converts readings into graphs, making it easy to view
levels over any period, e.g. one day, three months, or even for
instance, at 10pm for the last week.
Your readings will be monitored by diabetes specialists from the
Bournemouth Diabetes and Endocrine Centre (BDEC) at The Royal
Bournemouth NHS Foundation Trust Hospital. The monitoring service also
provides an email helpline, enabling you to message BDEC with any
concerns or queries. You can also grant access to your data to your
usual diabetes nurse or GP.
Why are we giving a years subscription FREE?
We need to build trust and gain recommendations from satisfied users.
Satisfaction with remote monitoring is in the upper 90%. Therefore we
want individuals like you to try the system for a year and, if you are
happy with it, let others know.
* The service is entirely free for a year (usual cost #10 per month)
* It is available to any Type 1 insulin pump user
* It is available to anyone at any age
* It is available world-wide
* All monitoring and messages will be answered by the Royal Bournemouth
Hospital nurses under the supervision of consultant doctors
* You can enter data into your medical record, via your PC, from any
glucose meter or insulin pump (if you use one)
* * All data will be kept confidential and only you and your nominated
individuals will be able to see your data
* No data is stored on your home computer
* No data, including your personal details, will be given to third parties
*We do not share any of your personally identifiable information with
any third parties. In some cases, we remove personal identifiers from
data you provide to us and maintain it in aggregate form. We may combine
this data with other information to produce anonymous, aggregated
statistical information (e.g. number of users, types of equipment used),
helpful to us in improving our products and services.
For further information about the service please see our website
What happens next?
Once you have sent us your details, we will send you three emails:
1. A hyperlink to install the Axon T4NET programme on your PC
2. Your user name for the system
3. Your password, which you can change to a more memorable one after the
first time you log in
Once you have logged in, you can start entering your data into the
system. You will also be able to email the nurses at BDEC for advice
whenever you like.
If you would like your usual diabetes nurse, GP or other nominated
individual to access your data, please let us know. By providing them
with a username and password, we can allow them access to your data.
Once you are up and running, if you have any comments or suggestions of
how to improve the service, we would be very happy to hear from you.
Registered in England No. 5728502
Registered Office Axon Limited Imperial House 18-21 Kings Park Road
Southampton Hampshire SO15 2AT www.axonuk.org
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,