Re: [IPk] starting on the pump tomorrow

Jo

You have come a very long way and worked hard to get to this point but
change is still change and your feelings are totally understandable. A
cup of tea, a glass of water, some deep breaths, and an adrenaline
rush or two and you'll get over the hump tomorrow.

As you've read from so many new pumpers as they've gotten started with
pumping, there's a first time for everything so the first year is
likely to bring a learning curve and some challenges. But the first
year after being diagnosed with diabetes was challenging, and so were
a number of years since then. You have a proven track record of
success in the art of getting to grips with challenges by now.

As I approach the 12th anniversary of my pump start I can say that in
the past 11 years I have not thought of switching back to injections.
I can think of a lot of situations when I said, "It's fine, I have a
pump; I might not be able to do this so easily if I were on
injections."

Good luck  - we are with you and here for you

Melissa
Type 1 15+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4.5 years