Re: [IPk] Welcome to Peter Simunovic

In message <email @ redacted>
, steve baker <email @ redacted> writes
>There is no money in the NHS. That is why people are struggling to get
>pumps. It's nothing to do with meeting criteria any more. I'm very lucky to
>have a pump, but now that I have one i feel so much better. If you can
>afford it buy one yourself. Best of luck. Sorry it's grim news.

The NHS has 'no money' like your mum had 'no money' when you asked for
an ice-cream.  What the NHS means (and your mum meant) is that they have
decided that they have 'no money spare to pay for this luxury'.

Sadly, as with the two-year-old and the ice cream: saying "I want one"
very loudly and very often, and threatening to lie down screaming in a
public place remains the best way of persuading someone that there _is
money for an "unaffordable luxury".

Cheers,

Pat

dm 30+, pumper 5+