Re: [IPk] Hypo control

Hi

I thought I should just give another e-mail after my hospital visit.  It was
decided that probably it was the site change 6 or 6 weeks or so ago which
started my problems.  The reason for the change from tummy to legs was
because I needed 50% more basal than previously.  I thought this would help
absorption and I asked at the hospital at the time about lovering it but was
told there was unlikely to be a difference.  I did have problems for a few
days but these seemed to subside and then I put the change out of my mind.

With the problems of the past 3 weeks I had not considered that this was
actually happening until telling the story at the hospital.  However I have
cut the insulin even further and not have 7 hours with 0.0 insulin from 10
pm - 5.am.  I have also been curring it elsewhere and was told to take
another 0.5 off.  I am now back where I was with the total amount of basals.

I did not take the Medtronic pump and am having a trial of the Animas from
11 July.  The problems are getting less but I am still testing in the night
and not sleeping very well.  I hope it settles down completely soon.

June

June