Re: [IPk] Pregnancy and diabetes: Woman's Hour tomorrow morning discusses la...

On the subject of pregnancy and other "womens stuff" and D , I think "The
Diabetic Women" by Lois Jovanovich Peterson, invaluable. It is about 10 years
 out of date and therefore does not mention analogues -therefore much more rigid
 meal schedules etc. Dietary guidlines quite different from standard ones for
 diabetics eg minimising starches as well as sugar ( and as far as I am aware
she  still advocates a lower carb diet than D UK,ADA etc) She is type 1
 herself and a pump user. She would advocate testing 5 to 10 times per day,
Until
people accept  the fact that patients need to be supported in how to
 micromanage their own disease, and people understand that basing a diet on
foods that
raise blood  sugar may not be a good idea, we will still be in the dark  ages