RE: [IPk] artificial sweetners

Patrick, Michele

My view on artificial sweeteners is more or less the same as Melissa's .  I use
sweeteners in tea and coffee but rarely if ever drink diet drinks, because I
dont like soda/fizzy drinks anyway. I do not have diabetes. The old saccharine
tables used to leave an after taste but I dont find this with aspartame.

My daughter who had diabetes drinks diet cola and so do her sisters, but they
dont drink more than one can  can a day and drink water mostly.  I dont use
artificial sweeteners in cooking because there is no need as we can bolus for
them successfully.

 Michele, I dont think that because something is "natural" that it less likely
be harmful.  Xylitol can be extermely harmful to dogs causing hypoglycaemia.

http://www.aspca.org/site/DocServer/Foss-Tox_Brief-Nov_VT_04.pdf?docID=3781

There are plenty of "natural" plants/substances around that are highly toxic.
Being natural does not necessarily mean safe.

Most of  Patrick Holford's  websites appear to show a lots of adverts trying to
market his books and to sell expensive supplements and make lots of money doing
so.

Jackie mum of Sasha

> Hi Michele and Melissa,
> Thanks for responding to my request for more information.
> The information you both have provided is certainly useful information.
>

> God Bless
> Patrick.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-7, 23/06/2006
Tested on: 26/06/2006 15:57:02