[IPk] Mechanisms of sympathoadrenal failure and hypoglycemia in diabetes.

The following articles were sent to me this week's in "What's New in Children
with Diabetes for 25 June 2006 Newsletter.  In view of the recent discussions
 about hypos I thought these article might be of interest. There are some pretty
good diagrams. http://www.jci.org/cgi/reprint/116/6/1470.pdf   I will have to
take some time to go through some of these articles to understand and try and
absorb the information.

Mechanisms of sympathoadrenal failure and hypoglycemia in diabetes.
Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. The PDF version
includes an excellent diagram of the physiological and behavioral
defenses against hypoglycemia. See also Corticotrophin-releasing factor
receptors within the ventromedial hypothalamus regulate hypoglycemia-
induced hormonal counterregulation, which also has free full text
available in HTML and PDF formats. Repeat Episodes Of Low Blood Sugar
Spell Diabetic Disaster offers a brief, non-technical summary.
CRL: http://url.childrenwithdiabetes.com/?u=6167

Kind Regards

Jackie Jacombs mum of Sasha aged 12, diagnosed 1999, twin sister Rebecca both
coeliac, two older girls, Nicki and Danni, husband Terry

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-7, 23/06/2006
Tested on: 25/06/2006 22:20:44