Re: [IPk] Hypo control - insulin

Hi Pat, Melissa and others

Thank you all for your help over the past week.

Melissa, I had kept in my mind what you said today and previously about
maintaining a level of 8 but had not managed to get the bgs higher at
bedtime until the day before yesterday when I really took on board that it
was the bolus and not the basals which was to blame for the trouble.  I have
now managed to get through 2 nights although I did wake up sweating in the
middle of the night and tested but my bg was not low.  I will continue this
way.

What you said about glycogen had also been going through my uneducated
brain.  Even before this three weeks I had been having more hypos than made
me happy and have recently seen my GP requesting tests on my liver.  These
have come back OK.

I knew I had read something like you have just said in the past but could
not fully understand it.  Thanks for explaining again.  This really sounds
like the reason for the problem and sounds hopeful for the future.  I will
take your message with me tomorrow so I can explain what I am thinking.  I
am also making a list of all the ideas which have been considered over the
past week.

Hopefully I shall soon be able to go to bed again with a reasonable bg and
actually sleep more deeply. I am finding it all exhausting which can't be
helping.  It's a good job I am retired.  Thanks again to everyone who has
contributed ideas and comments.

June