Re: [IPk] DAFNE and fruity free foods...

In message <email @ redacted>, Seos Ni
Niallain <email @ redacted> writes
>Yeah, interesting about lite, or maybe even lightening up. I get the sense
>that DAFNE is intended to loosen us up from fear/ritualised behaviour of
>obsessively weighing everything.
Odd, that, I got the impression that DAFNE was putting the maths back
into diabetes care, after decades of "healthy eating" being the
guidance!

I think you have some really thoughtful insight into the nature of the
so-called 'obsessive' behaviour from which we are supposed to be given
"freedom". The difficulty is, while I can easily see the difference
between a museum curator and someone with an obsessive-compulsive
disorder when it comes to hand washing (just watch how the behaviour
changes at the weekends!), it's difficult to tell the difference between
someone obsessive with carbohydrate counting and someone for whom it's
'part of the job'.  Not the only reason it would be great if you could
take a 'diabetes holiday'!

Cheers,

Pat
(still wondering about your gender: you tell me yours, I'll tell you
mine!)

--
Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted