Re: [IPk] DAFNE and fruity free foods...

Yeah, interesting about lite, or maybe even lightening up. I get the sense
that DAFNE is intended to loosen us up from fear/ritualised behaviour of
obsessively weighing everything. In my view diabetics are a rare breed of
people who constantly struggle with the 'trying to get it right'. Sometimes
overbearingly right, other times flawed and hypoed. This can be a good and
bad thing, all things depending, but greater flexibility and the ability to
improvise and enjoy life is a pretty neat DAFNE aim.

On the down side? We come away with some inaccurate preconceptions (hey,
freedom! Fructose and strawberries and cherries - mine, all mine!). In my
own case, being a DAFNE 'graduate' seems to have been used as one of the
many excuses as to why I wasnt being put on the pump at Kings. I ended up
talking to John Davies at INPUT - whose advice was sterling - and went to Dr
Kerr for 2nd opinion at Bournemouth - with blissful results.

I'm glad I did DAFNE but today, as a new pumper, feel the need for a tighter
overview.

Still struggling - weighing scales in one hand, a pump in the other!

Seos