From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of Helen
Robbins
Sent: 23 June 2006 15:04
To: email @ redacted
Cc: Rhoda Martin; Gus.
Subject: [Diabetes-Support] Steven Sexton

Dear All

This is just to let you know that Steven (Sexton) will be offline for some
considerable time.

 His wife Martine (whom some of you know) sent a text to Chris and me last
Sunday
to say that Steven had been involved in a serious accident on his motorbike.

Martine was on the ferry to Ireland with Raffles and Steven was riding his
motorbike to catch a later ferry.  He was taken to hospital in Abergavenny.
Martine came straight back to be with him.

He had surgery on his leg on Monday, and another op. is due today.  He was on a
 ventilator, but now just has an oxygen mask. They have taken x-rays and will be
doing a scan.  It is not clear whether he has brain or spinal damage.  Now that
he has a mask not a ventilator he is able to speak a little but apparently he
has no recollection of the accident.  I think they are hoping to move him to a
hospital in Bristol at some point, but that is all I know at present.  Needless
to say I will keep you all informed as I am keeping in touch with Martine.

I am sorry to have to bring you such news.

Helen

PS

 If you know of anyone who knows Steven but is not on this list, please feel
free
to pass on this message.  If anyone wants to pass on messages to Martine and
Steven but do not have Martines mobile number, please send them to me and I
will pass them on.

   Helen Robbins  email @ redacted
  "I wish I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw
me
all their wasted hours."   --Bernard Berenson

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-7, 23/06/2006
Tested on: 24/06/2006 10:45:53

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-7, 23/06/2006
Tested on: 24/06/2006 10:46:27