Re: [IPk] Pump +

Clarification: CGMS is the registered trademark name of Medtronic's CGM
technology product that is definitely available in the UK for short-term use
to determine a patient's glycemic profiles without the patient seeing the
data in real-time:
http://www.medtronic.co.uk/UK/health/diabetes/cgms.html

CGM technology is the generic category of which CGMS is one type of product.

Short-term use of a CGMS is covered on US health insurance and, to varying
degrees by the NHS if your hospital has bought a CGMS unit. Steve's
short-term use of a CGMS device within the UK may be entirely at the expense
of the NHS.

Longterm use of CGM technology in the form of a DexCom STS or Medtronic
MiniMed Guardian RT or Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm 522/722 insulin pump is
not covered by US health insurance at present. The insulin delivery supplies
for a 522/722 are covered but the glucose sensors are not.

It is all very confusing and if I did not work in diabetes technology
professionally it would be a muddle to me, I know it would!!!

Melissa
Type 1 13 years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 2.5 years; diabetes
care industry 3 years