Re: [IPk] DAFNE courses in the UK: free foods?

Kat,

I think you will find you have been misinformed, or misheard things on
the course.

2 scoops may equal 2 units FOR YOU, but for someone else they might be 1
unit, or 7 units!

And cherries... let us use the recommended 5-a-day portion size to gauge
what a 'huge amount' is.  A portion (I believe) is 'a handful' - and for
cherries, that rather nicely works out at 50g - 100g.  As a 'normal'
portion is around 10g CHO or so...

You may be one of the lucky ones for who the difference between 60g and
70g CHO is only a small difference on your bg monitor - but most of us
find that 10g is quite significant!

We are not, I am afraid, obsessing about CHO, as you would have it; for
most of us 5g or 10g of CHO (whether it comes from something as healthy
as cherries or unhealthy as sugar) has an impact.

You (and DAFNE) are right to stress that freedom is the goal.  Freedom
is achieved by having the right insulin to put, at the right time,
against food and everything else.  Ignoring the fact that something has
CHO in it, may seem like 'freedom', but it is in fact, a chain.

Cheers,

Pat

In message <email @ redacted>,
kathryn-sarah wells <email @ redacted> writes