Re: [IPk] Hypo control

Hi June
Ah, I forgot you had gastroparesis too. I bet that contributes to the
hypo problem. It sounds as if because of the gastroparesis, you're now
taking the insulin too much too late and it is mismatched against your
food, or that the food is out of your stomach before the end of the
insulin action. Or perhaps you are eating foods with a quicker action
for your evening meal.
I'd start with cutting your evening meal bolus and/or reducing the basal
a lot earlier, and then dealing with the post-meal high if it happens,
once you've got rid of these awful hypos. It might help also if you were
to try skipping your evening meal and seeing what happens to your BG.
*word of warning* - if I don't eat in the evening (or eat very little) I
have to reduce my overnight basal by quite a lot.

Di