Re: [IPk] Hypo control

Hi June
I wonder if the insulin is somehow pooling in your body and being
absorbed very slowly when you're inactive at night?
I tend to see this effect (with the opposite result, i.e. I go high)
when I use my legs or bum as an infusion site.
In your case it could be that you need to lower the insulin starting
earlier to deal with this, and/or take less bolus with your evening
meal.  Perhaps you should also check your BG around 2am to see if you're
already low then.
Can you think of anything different from 3 weeks ago when you first
started noticing this?
Good luck - it sounds awful. I used to get something like this
(persistent nightime hypos despite reducing my insulin loads and not
bolusing at all for evening meal) after softball tournaments and finally
figured I had to *really* slash my basals to almost nothing (as you're
doing) to deal with it. I only realised the true effect when staying up
partying till 5am after softball one time and having really bad hypos
despite loads of Coke.
But I assume you're not suddenly doing unusual amounts of exercise (I
can do up to 10 hours a day of vigorous exercise during a tournament) in
the last 3 weeks!
Di