Re: [IPk] A PUMP BREAK

Hi Vicki
There are quite a few people who take pump breaks - some regularly, some
just occasionally. I once took an enforced break for about 24 hours when
I was waiting for infusion sets to arrive. It was initially fantastic to
be free from the pump, but after a few hours I realised how annoying it
was every time my BG was high that I had to take an injection, and I
found myself delaying making correction boluses until e.g. my next meal.
Also things like eating dinner where I had to decide in advance what I
was going to eat for the whole meal rather than randomly decide to have
a bit of pudding! And overnight I had no idea if I would wake up with a
BG of 2 or 22! It was nice to have the break but it did make me realise
how much I love my pump, annoying though it can be sometimes!  But
that's just me - you go with whatever feels right! It makes perfect
sense to have a little break every now and then.

If only we could take a 24 hour break from diabetes as well as from the
pump!
Di