RE: [IPk] DAFNE courses in the UK: free foods?

Hiya all

Have any of u actually been on the DAFNE course?

 Cause i have and it has given me the freedom to not
be obsessed with food and carb portions.
 yeh u still have to count carbs and they give u a
book to help u with that intil ur confident but it's
more about freedom.

 eg someone mentioned cherrys they dont have carb
value untill ur going to start eating huge amounts and
ice cream we were always told that one scoope of ice
Is equal to 2 units of insulin.

 However the DAFNE course just doesnt teach u how to
carb count it teaches u things like altering ur
insulin correctly, correction doses and how exercise
effects us and what to do like eating more carb if ur
going to be doing high impact exercise.

I found the course very helpful and ive gained fab
control and i dont look back i havbe to say u cant
knock something u have not tried.
kat
--- Elizabeth O'Shea