From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On
Behalf Of Diana Maynard
Sent: 22 June 2006 09:49
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] RE: DAFNE courses in the UK: free foods?

Yes I bolus for cherries and strawberries (and in fact all fruit) but
not for things like lettuce and cucumber and most typical salad
vegetables (which I don't think are protein) apart from tomatoe, carrots

etc. I don't bolus for things like mushrooms either although I know
there is some carb in (generally I don't eat that many mushrooms at a
time though). If I'm eating something under 5g carb then I don't
generally bolus as it doesn't make any difference for me.
Di

Jackie Jacombs wrote:
> Hi Liz
>
 > We would definitely have to bolus for cherries and strawberries etc.
If we
dont
> we see the BG level rise.
>
> Like you, we only count protein as "free food" and even then if its
over a
 > certain amount of protein or fat we have to adjust the basal or bolus
extra
in
> about 6-7 hours time as Sasha's BG level would go up.
>
> Jackie
..