Re: [IPk] Re - Pump

I sit on the South Birmingham PCT User Group for Diabetes....(The aim is to
try to help ensure the NICE giudlines are met) Looking for volunteers to
join us :)

Unfortunately it looks like a LOT of GP's in the future will be managing our
Diabetes, regardless of Type 1/ 2
They have become "Enhanced Centres" and are given training etc to manage
their patients.

This is where the community DSN's are coming into play.....
I have been to a few of the NSF meetings and all I can say is our NHS is a
BIG black hole, nothing gets done, they agree
to take on axtra stwaff etc, and then what happens - funding gets
slashed....

In general the PCT's are trying to move Diabetic care back into the
community i.e GP's, but you DO have patient choice.

None of the DSN's in our group beleive it will work, as often when you goto
GP's or see the practice nurse, as people with Diabetes we know more about
our health than they do.

As far as I am cocnerned it's a BIG MESS and looks to get a lot worse, can
you beleive it, we don't even meet Diabetes UK guidelines for staffing
levels in Birmingham and they are making more CUTS !!!!
Rant Over

Su