[IPk] DAFNE courses in the UK: free foods?

On DAFNE courses in the UK, do they teach you there are free foods?

I ask because yesterday when I was at a hospital (teaching a training course
for something unrelated to diabetes), I overheard part of a DAFNE
discussion. The dieticians were advising the person that cherries were a
free food. I shook my head but bit my tongue. (Cherries are 11.5g carb per
100g weight, or 16g per 100g weight, depending on what resource you consult.
I just wonder where the dieticians got their info!)

elizabeth