[IPk] RE: ip-uk-digest V3 #524

Residential school trips.  The law makes the school's position dubious.
Disability Discrimination Act.  They HAVE to make it possible to take your
son.  I forget the details, but a teenager who has diabetes took his LEA to
court about 4 years ago over his school's refusal to take him on a ski-ing
trip.  He won (compensation, plus the right not to be excluded in future).
As a teacher who has diabetes, I've gone on school trips when a child with
diabetes has gone, to meet the school's obligation towards them.  The school
has to make it happen.
A M