RE: [IPk] Animas Pump

On patient choice, I was referred by my GP to Dr Kerr in Bournemouth because
my local Diabetic Consultant was putting all sorts of obtacles in my way of
becoming a pumper just over 2 years ago. Their main reason was that they
only had one trained pump nurse and couldn't take on any more pump patients.
So, on John Davis' suggestion, my GP was very happy to refer me. In
Bournemouth you get to choose which pump you want. I chose the Animas. The
thing is now that "my" local Diabetic Clinic (about 3 miles away) is a pump
clinic they will only let patients have a Medtronic pump, which has always
been the case, and the consultant still refuses to have anything to do with
me. I have to travel approx. 70 miles to Bournemouth to see Dr Kerr.
My PCT agreed to fund my pump and consumables on the basis that my care
returned to Reading when the clinic was in a position to look after me! This
has never happened.
Jane