RE: [IPk] Animas pump

Cripes!

I have also tested the Mini Med, and that is my main comparison.

The light is an independent button which can be activated at any time. On
the Mini Med I could only activate the light prior to activating functions.

Yes, you can abandon, I just liked the Mini Med's escape button!

The CarbSmart Feature is excellent, you can plug in your insulin/carb ratios
(and blood glucose, if desired) and it will come up with a magic figure to
bolus.

I have not missed the IOB as yet. Can someone else comment on this?

I'm not finely tuned enough yet to move beyond whole units! Can someone else
comment on this?

As far as cannulas are concerned, Animas do provide their own 45 and 90
degree sets. I also (cheekily) asked Roche and Medtronic to send me a bag of
90 degree samples through the post, which are compatible with the Animas
pump. I'm making a final decision next week.

The Roche one I liked is the Flex Link. They have a variety of lead lengths.
The cannula is smoother than a baby's bum, and they also supply separate
needles (I'm really grateful for this, as I keep getting it wrong!)

Medtronic have their Quick Set, fantastic design with an insertion plunger.
I only got it wrong once using the plunger. The set is designed so that the
cannula is filled prior to insertion.

Speaking as a girly, I really like the Animas funky pump covers. I also hope
to get hold of the gizmo which sits at the back of the pump and tidies up
excess cable!