[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #523

Hi Karen,  well I would go back in the school request that a govenor  sits in
with you and discuss it further.  Firstly they agreed and since  then you
have told your son he is going, I feel they should honour the agreement
 particularly since you went in to great detail and explain procedures etc.
Secondly
the school could assign an LSA to accompany him on his trip (they are  at
liberty to do this, it's called inclusion with a child with special medical
 needs), the only thing I would add and working with children I can understand
if
they don't want to stay up to 1.00am as its tiring, is to test at say 10.00pm
and do your adjustments then, he could take a mobile and talk to you  directly.
I work in a school and also run scouts/cubs and I know we would have no
reason to disclude a child.
REMEMBER AND REMIND THE HEAD TODAYS EDUCATION IS ALL ABOUT INCLUSION (they
hate that word)
Any problems with them ring up your LEA and take the matter further their  is
no reason as to why he cannot go.
Any help you want email me for ideas as I work with Special Needs Kids who
 have to be included in all our mainstream school activities !!!! What ever the
disability
Good Luck