Re: [IPk] Re: Holidays for children

Hi Karen
I think you should really push for him to be allowed to go. How far away
are they going to be from where you live? If you are available on call
for any problem then I don't see why they can't take him. In the worst
case and if it is quite far away perhaps you could stay somewhere
locally without him having to stay with you? Then someone could easily
ring you up and get you to come if there was a major problem. It does
seem a bit over cautious. I remember going to France for a few days on a
school trip aged 11 and I don't think any  of the teachers even knew I
had diabetes! It never even occurred to me at the time to tell them! How
things change!
Good luck and keep fighting!
Di