Re: [IPk] normal blood glucoes levels with ketones.

Sara

I am only guessing here...

Blood glucose tests give you an instant spotlight view of you bg at this
precise moment.  Urine analysis is not quite so efficient, remember that the
kidneys function to filter the blood producing filtrate which can eventually
become urine, this is a metabollically active and time consuming process.
We do not normally pass urine in very small quantities  and therefore the
picture given by urinanalysis may be giving you a historical view of glucose
conditions rather than the snapshot you saw on your bg reading, this is why
we moved from testing urine to testing blood to calcualate insuling
doseage.

I would suggest that you monitor this, there may be other reasons why you
produce ketones and if you are concerned contact your dsn again.

Paul
dm 29yrs, waiting to start pumping.