Re: Hypos RE: [IPk] Paradigm 512

Hi June,

I'm not sure if 515 has curve-and-length both variable.  It may be flat
over the length like the Animas and the Cozmo.

Melissa (Animas) and I  (Cozmo) have found the IOB feature, although
imperfect, still to be better than our own reckoning.

To use it properly, one should not be doing correction boluses for the
first two hours after meals (yes, correct for 15s, but not for 7.1s or
so!)  When correcting down from a massive high, again the temptation is
to run and check after a short period to see if it is on its way down,
but experience has taught me that I can 'feel' the come down from a
massive high, so don't need to check that what I've done (set change,
bolus, whatever) is working.  At a couple of hours in, I can then make
another bg reading, and perhaps bolus more then - again, the IOB
function seems to be good.

Hope that helps!

I have not yet made a complain to the PALS of your hospital (my former
one) - I wonder if I should, as it might make the doctor a little more
circumspect in your case.

Cheers,

Pat
(recovering from a 428 this morning (21.4 in old money!) for the first
time in 5+ years of pumping, the cannula came out in the night.  I am
not impressed with stickiness of current sets - the paper fell off the
plastic while handling the replacement set). Now 266 (13.3 in old
money), and another correction suggested. Obviously did not up my basal
enough: I am so unused to seeing anything that high!  Used to be a once
or twice a week occurrence, now once or twice a year.

In message <003901c692d8$04c66560$email @ redacted>, June Searle
<email @ redacted> writes