[IPk] Hypo's

Hi Melissa

I take on board what you are saying.

 However, air in tubing etc causes more normal to high to normal than the
equasion with hypo's. When I'm hypo, fruit juice, lucazade etc no matter how
high in carbs does not really help that much unless it is taken in conjunction
with some longer acting food. I have gastroperisis so maybe that could slow down
the action of any food/drink?

 I always take a long time to come out of a hypo and have done for most of the
life of my diabetes (32 years)Could be one of the reasons I have quite a number
of seizures?

 One of my favourite remedies is cornflakes with milk and sugar, that usually
does the trick.

 Another thing that I find strange is that when my blood is below 2.8 I get
irratable, blurred vision and confused. I do not, however, get the raging
hunger. This always comes when my blood is coming back up. Usually between 4 and
5.

 Yet another thing. I've seen postings about animal insulin. When I look back
over the years, when on animal insulin I always had seizures first thing in the
morning after waking up with a very bad headache. With the knowledge of today, I
feel right in assuming it was because I had probably had a bad nocturnal hypo.
All of a sudden, my siezures turned from mornings, to any time of day without
any pre seizure headaches. They also increased in severity and have remained so
to this day.

 The point I am trying to make here is this; On looking back, the change in
seizures happened soon after changing to synthetic insulins.
 Any comment on this Melissa? Are there any current studies/findings on this
sort of thing?

Julian