RE: [IPk] Hypo's

I agree totally with Julians methods! When I have a severe hypo, I am like a
woman possessed and eat anything that is within reach.  I estimate how many
carbs I think I have consumed, then minus 20 and bolus for the rest. I
drink lucozade as my first port of call, but then the ravenous hunger always
wins and I end up eating loads of junk I woulndnt normally touch.  This
method works well for me, and helps to avoid the rollercoaster effect. Plus
the added bonus of eating stuff I normally avoid without the guilt!! :)

I also check my blood sugars each half hour for the next 2 - 3 hours or so.
I personally find this is easier to cope with than bubbles in tubing which
can cause a high rise in my sugars that are then very stubborn and annoying
to shift.

If you think about this, you are just doing what you would normally do -
bolusing for the carbs consumed, but subtracting a bit for the extra low
sugar, so presuming you can get your carb to insulin ratio correct I dont
see any reason why this is not a good solution to a bad hypo??

Mel