Re: Hypos RE: [IPk] Paradigm 512

Hi Seos,

The problem may not be with bolus wizard/IOB: you may find that you have
very different insulin sensitivity when you are high or low - I do.

To overcome this, I have a basal pattern called 'hyper' and one called
'hypo' which delivers my normal basal but at a higher or lower
percentage than normal, as while 0.3 units per hour (say) is grand when
I'm at around 6 or 7, I need more when I'm around 14, and less when I'm
around 3.  The 'hypo' rate only lasts half an hour (as I'm normally well
out of hypo in that time).  The 'hyper' rate lasts 2 hours, as it takes
that long to see any significant shift in bgs (in me).

Cheers,

Pat

dm 30+, pumper 5+
In message <email @ redacted>, Seos Ni