Paradigm 515 WAS RE: Hypos RE: [IPk] Paradigm 512

Hi June,

Paradigm 515/715 was not fully launched in the UK. The rationale at the time
that the decision was made was that the 522/722 would be launched in Europe
before being launched in the US so Europe would get eeeeven cooler
technology than the US sooner rather than later for once. It is unclear to
me whether that strategy is being followed through, though.

Cozmo and Animas pumps definitely offer adjustable duration of insulin on
board and you can get Animas in the UK. If your consultant is willing to
write, "It is important that June have an insulin pump which permits her to
adjust the duration of insulin action within the insulin-on-board
calculation feature. This means that she should have a _____ brand, _____
model insulin pump. A pump that does not allow her to adjust the duration of
insulin action within the insulin-on-board feature (that is, a Medtronic
MiniMed Paradigm 512) will not meet her needs," you should have some
bargaining power - but do ring John Davis about this matter. He will have
more insight than I do!

Of course, you can do like Jackie and work some maths rather than rely on
the IOB feature within the 512 - that is an option if you're decent with a
calculator and a clock!

Melissa
Type 1 13 years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 2 years 6 months;
glad I never had to argue about the model of pump I got and sorry that
others have had to :|