[IPk] Fish (was my diabetic son)

Oddly enough, I have exactly the same reaction to the thought of
injecting fish semen as I do to eating fish eggs: while I am sympathetic
to those for whom exploiting animals in this way is not ethically or
religiously acceptable, I use them without qualms.  But both caviar and
NPH are, in my opinion, over-rated (preferring cod roe and monotard).

It reminds me that a number of years ago I bought some tailipa from
Tesco, partly intrigued by the news that these bottom-of-pond fish,
which are, therefore, low users of oxygen, might offer a potential
benefit to diabetics seeking implantable cells not too bothered about
getting oxygen.  They tasted of mud.  I now know that Tesco, not tailipa
are to blame: these fish should be swum in clear water for a lengthy
period prior to killing them, to rid them of the eau-de-mud.

Cheers,

Pat

 In message <email @ redacted>, lisa
robertson <email @ redacted> writes