Hypos RE: [IPk] Paradigm 512

Hi June,

It sounds to me like you may be a candidate for the old "aim-for-8 mmol/L
for 3 weeks/do everything to prevent going hypo" trick for restoring hypo
unawareness. The frequent hypos that you have had may mean that your liver
is basically empty of glycogen (because of the first few bad hypos) and you
need to rebuild the glycogen stores. The new pump definitely won't hurt:
having the IOB feature, even though you can't adjust the duration of insulin
action on a 512, may help you prevent hypos too.

If you want references on avoiding hypos for 3 weeks to restore hypo
awareness, I can find some. But your DSN should know the technique too.

Good luck getting this situation sorted. It must be No Fun :[

Melissa
Type 1 13 years, MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 2 years 5 months