RE: [IPk] coeliac

Hi Jackie
Thanks very much for your message. It is true that i had to change the
basals already but there is too much going on at the minute with my body as
I fund out I was coeliac and pregnant at the same time. I suffer from many
hypos due to my pregnancy anyway so my basals are lower.
It is so much easier to deal with hypos now. It was a nightmare before! My
levels go up within 10-15min and I have noticed that I go high sky after
meals, I am learning not to extend so much now.
How did you find the basals for your kid? Did she have to increase or
decrease? I guess decrease as the boluses to cover for the meals were bigger
and less sugar was left wandering to be picked up by the basal. that is how
I feel, I eat, I cover my meals and I am clean again! i never had that
feeling before.
Thank-you all for informing me about this desease. Thanks to all of you and
other friends the doctors thought it could be coeliac and I am much better
now, even though I am exhausted in my week 9 of pregnancy!
Take care
Gema