[IPk] Team Type 1 and the Race Across America

Hi folks,

An eight-person, all-type 1 elite cycling team is currently leading the
corporate-sponsored division of the 3000+ mile Race Across America
(http://www.raceacrossamerica.org)!

I got to meet the team founder, Phil Southerland, a few weeks ago. I am so
excited about the team's success so far, I get to the verge of tears of
pride whenever I check the race standings. Team Type 1 is over 100 miles
ahead of their closest competition as I type. Can you believe it?!

If you'd like to keep track of their progress, donate some money (they are
trying to raise $1m for the JDRF), or offer comments of encouragement on
their blog, check out http://www.teamtype1.org.

This is the first time in the 25-year history of RAAM that an entirely type
1 team has competed and they just may win it.

GO TEAM TYPE 1!

Melissa
PS Some of them are on pumps and some are on MDI. I can't fathom how the
MDIers cope but they seem to be doing all right!!!