[IPk] Cats [ was Pituitary and BG]

Our cattery said that it is normal for cats not to eat for the first few
days, and then only to eat small amounts (they told us this because our
monster of a (neutered) tom is on a special diet (low Ph), and they
wanted to reassure us that there would not be much of his special feed
used, not because they fed him normal stuff, but because they would only
give him a little until they saw his appetite pick up.

Our cats clearly did not like the cattery (a good one), and the tom
would swear at me when I picked him up (the female cussed me when we
arrived, and when we picked her up just sat in her basket and looked
mopey and ill.

So after a lot of thinking, we have employed a cat-feeder/stroker.  We
she comes in twice a day while we are away, and our cats now take us
being away for a long weekend in their stride.  If we are away for a
week or more, the tom sometimes is a bit fussed when we get back (he
follows us around, to make sure we don't disappear on him again), but
the female doesn't seem to mind - she just looks a bit surprised when
she sees us again "oh! You two again!  I thought you were gone!".

This is also cheaper than putting them in a cattery (not much, but
certainly no more expensive).

Best wishes to all,

Pat
dm 30+, pumper 5+, owned by Broggy and Kiwi 8+
(Names: Broggy is short for British Shorthair x Moggy, Kiwi is (like her
litter-mate), all black).

In message <email @ redacted>,
Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted> writes

--