Re: [IPk] Weight gain

In message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
>I did a very low
>fat diet, combined with 6 sessions of hard slog exercise per week (some in the
>gym, some in the pool).

Was it low calorie, as well? Because if it was a high calorie diet
(although low in fat) it would explain the rest!

Sorry for a silly question - I know it was!  It's just that my current
diet is quite low fat, moderately low protein, average carbohydrate (in
other words a low calorie healthy diet, with most of the calories coming
from carbs) with the addition of a lot of calories from alcohol.

But I am loosing weight, slowly.  I know I could loose weight faster if
I cut out the alcohol!

Leaving aside the alcohol, I can report that moving to a more healthy
diet (i.e. refusing cakes/biscuits, and making sure I have more
vegetables) did nothing.  Only adding in exercise had any effect.

Did you find your (**envy***) ability to do a tonne of exercise meant
you were developing muscle?  Making you trimmer-but-heavier?

Cheers,

Pat

--
Pat Reynolds