Re: [IPk] 7.5 ton licence!

Yeah it takes a while, but you don't need any letter. So long as you are fit
to drive you can drive.
I had my medical for driving a train today. I passed all the usual tests,
Weight, Height Hearing, vision ECG etc I then had about an hour long
interview with the doctor probing my knowledge and understanding of my
diabetes. It seemed to go quite well and the doc said he would let me drive
trains if he could Legally do so. I'll have to wait and see what happens
because it is to be decided by a panel of doctors with legal expertise.
Apparently it's all down to the interpretation of the word "Likely". As in
Likely to go white and floppy at the wheel. (although trains don't really
have wheels in that sense)