RE: [IPk] Fines for Rowdy Yobs at Hospitals

Hi Julian

 I suppose that someone in this situation can appeal if they were convicted of
an
offence.  Someone with a head injury may also act aggressive and lash out.  My
12 year old gets upset angry and aggressive when she goes low though she hasn't
hit me yet only her twin sister!  There are certainly been cases where someone
with diabetes has been locked up in a cell and police have not realised that
they were diabetics having a hypo.  Another reason for everyone to where some
form of medical identification informing people of their condition.

Jackie

> -
> Hi
>
>  I have a friend who works in the NHS. I asked him about diabetics who are
> irrational and verbally abusive when severely hypo. He said it doesn't matter
> you would still be subject to a fine. We are trying to enforce a
> message of Zero
> tolerance.
>
 > So you can only be ill conditionally then? Surely there must be some room for
> patients who's condition causes them to be a tad irritable.
>
> Fortunately, I'm not to snappy when hypo, but all the same!
>
> Julian
> .

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0623-4, 09/06/2006
Tested on: 10/06/2006 23:30:19