[IPk] Testing for kidney function

do you think they will think I'm being over
sensitive?

Marion,

Theres no such thing as being oversensitive where our
children are concerned.

My kidneys are failing and are unlikely to see me out
but as I have no signs of diabetic retinopathy in my
eyes (type 1, 15+ years) the docs have finally
decided, reluctantly, that I must have an unrelated
kidney problem.

Apparently Im lucky as this probably wouldnt have
been picked up until Id gone into renal failure if I
hadnt been diagnosed with diabetes. Small mercies,
eh! I do a 24-hour urine sample at least once a year
and have also had 2 biopsies  done under a local
anaesthetic for an adult (though I guess a child would
need a general) and requiring a one-night stay in
hospital.

You should definitely push for them to investigate.

Good luck,
Rob